I heard coconuts are really good for you. I’m not sure if it still counts if you add the below accoutrements…but I’m still counting the 10 coconuts I’ve consumed in the last week towards my health goals.
My favorite tropical cocktail the “Coco Loco” is usually made by blending an array of spirits (rum, tequila, vodka) with lemon juice, simple syrup and the juice from a fresh young coconut with some ice and pouring back into the coconut shell and serving with a straw. I usually like my cocktails like my favorite people: strong and straight-up. So checkout my version of the refreshing cocktail!
Huckleberry Kim’s Coco Loco Cocktail Recipe
- 3 oz. fresh coconut juice
- 1 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. rum
- 0.5 oz vodka
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 3 mint leaves
- Muddle a few mint leaves with ice in a cocktail shaker
- Crack open fresh coconut and add 3 oz. to shaker (reserve remaining juice for another cocktail)
- Add in spirits and simple syrup
- Stir down for ~60 seconds in shaker
- With a hawthorne strainer, pour back into coconut shell (or cocktail glass if you don’t have fresh ‘nuts)
- ENJOY! Sit back, sip, and feel your heart rate come to a relaxing 65 BPM ;P
Fun fact: Coco Locos are even better paired with shrimp and octopus tacos with a side of habanero salsa!
xx, Huckleberry Kim
song of the moment:
the girl from ipanema