This Thanksgiving, I decided to be the pâtissier for our family gathering. One of the quick and delicious dessert ideas I came up with was the following Blackberry Cheesecake Puffs.
You only need a few simple ingredients:
Puff pastry (I just used the packaged sheets available in the freezer section at most grocers), cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, vanilla extract, and blackberries (or another fruit to top).
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
- 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 package of blackberries (or equivalent fruit to top)
- 1/2 package of puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Roll out puff pastry and place into greased pan
- Bake for ~5 minutes or until slightly golden (you should put pie weights on the pastry while pre-baking without filling. Since I used a tray with mini’s, I used shot glasses to keep the center from puffing out.)
- Start making filling
- Start mixing the cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the eggs, lemon juice, & zest, and beat until well combined.
- Remove pie weights from pre-baked pastry.
- Add cream cheese filling and bake for ~20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the last 5 minutes of baking, top with fruit. Obviously we used blackberries here, but you could use any fruit you have on hand that your heart desires!
I served mine with a cranberry compote and some fresh whipped cream, which were great pairings – but they’re great just on their own too.