A group of my work pals have been on a very inspiring #healthyliving kick lately; we’ve been encouraging each other with workouts and clean eats. Everyone got Spiralizers, and I hopped on the bandwagon. The following are the steps for my easy first zoodle meal (zoodle = zucchini noodle). It literally takes 15 minutes to prepare. I’m also a wizard.
- Spiralize 1 zucchini (honestly, I wanted to do this recipe with a sweet potato, but couldn’t be bothered to look that hard for sweet potatoes at the grocery store. next time.)
- In a medium-sized pan, sautée 3 cloves of coarsely chopped garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add a handful of enoki mushrooms (after having chopped off the ends, washed, and loosely separated them).
- MIX IT UP (for like 45 seconds).
- Combine 3 tbsps of seaweed flakes with 1 tsp of roasted seasame seeds and 1/2 tsp of wasabi powder (+/- to taste).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Throw in your zoodles and cook for an additional 90 seconds or to desired zoodle-texture.
- Top with fresh sea urchin and garnish with fresh salmon roe.
- It looks very pretty plated with the sea-friends on top, though next time I think I’ll blend up the sea urchin and spices and toss with the ikura to get better zoodle-coverage…I mean who am I trying to impress anyway, right?
xx, Huckleberry Kim